Andrea Winters, P.C. provides sophisticated services for the preservation and transfer of wealth. We provide comprehensive services to our clients in estate and trust planning, estate administration and probate, business formation and management, business succession planning and tax controversy and collection. We are licensed to practice in the State of Texas, and we serve clients throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex and the surrounding counties in North Texas.
Please click on the following links for a more in-depth look at the services we provide to our clients:
Whether you are in the early stages of asset accumulation or have spent years developing business interests and building a financial portfolio, careful planning is an important step in protecting and preserving your estate. By their nature, estate planning services are tailored to the individual requirements of each client. Depending upon a client’s needs, we can counsel on a single planning issue or can advise on a broad range of personal and business goals. We provide a comprehensive array of estate planning advice and documentation for estates of all sizes and complexities.
We have many years of experience in designing and implementing a comprehensive variety of Wills, Trusts and other estate planning documents using strategies appropriate for each client’s situation — from the basic to the most complex. We advise clients of their options and make recommendations based on their needs. We also assist clients with the important practical and emotional aspects of the planning process. When appropriate, we can advise clients on the use of advanced estate and gift taxation techniques, asset protection planning and asset management protection as well as implement the steps necessary to achieve such plans.
We prepare estate plans for our clients to minimize taxes while fulfilling their desire to preserve, manage and transfer their assets according to their wishes. We analyze the needs and goals of our clients in preparing their estate plans and provide comprehensive tax sensitive documents tailored to our client’s objectives. As part of an estate plan, we may use a variety of tools including:
- Last Wills and Testament
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Financial and Medical Powers of Attorneys
- HIPAA Release and Authorizations
- Advanced Directives
- Declarations of Guardian
- Organ Donor Forms
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Pet Trusts
- Transfer on Death Deeds
- Complex Planning Documents
Estate Planning matters require counsel with specialized knowledge. We welcome your inquiry regarding our estate planning services.
Please Visit Other Practice Areas
Probate and Estate Administration
We understand the stress and emotions that exist when someone you care about passes away. Our goal is to make the estate and/or trust administration process as understandable and as manageable as possible for our clients. We personally assist our clients through a difficult life transition.
Estate administration is the process of accumulating a Decedent’s assets, paying a Decedent’s debts and taxes, and distributing a Decedent’s remaining assets to his or her beneficiaries. There are many methods of estate administration. Therefore, the types of property a Decedent owns at his death and the documents governing the distribution of the property will determine the type of administration required.
Although not always necessary, estate administration may include the probate process, as well as administration of trusts and other non-probate transfers. We have the experience to handle many types of administration proceedings involving wills, trusts or intestacy and can help you determine whether probate is necessary. Our estate administration services may include:
- Probating a Decedent’s Will and administering the estate utilizing independent administration, dependent administration, determination of heirship, muniment of title proceedings, etc.;
- Formulating plans to assist executors, trustees and/or administrators in efficiently managing an estate or trust;
- Advising fiduciaries needing assistance in establishing prudent management practices and making distribution determinations;
- Representing fiduciaries needing assistance in understanding their obligations and the estate/trust administration process;
- Representing beneficiaries needing assistance in understanding the estate/trust administration process;
- Representing beneficiaries wanting to ensure a fiduciary is fulfilling his duties;
- Analysis and preparation of federal estate tax returns; and
- Working with financial advisors, accountants, trust officers, etc. in connection with asset transfers.
Estate administration matters require counsel with specialized knowledge. We routinely handle probate matters in Dallas County and many surrounding counties in North Texas. We welcome your inquiry regarding our estate administration services.
Please Visit Other Practice Areas
Business Entity Planning
Whether you already own your own business, need assistance in the formation of a new business entity, are formalizing an existing venture, or are concerned with protecting your assets, careful planning is a key element. We have the knowledge and experience to assist our clients with their business planning needs. We provide entity selection and business formation services, as well as advise and counsel our clients on the tax, business and personal aspects of each stage of a business’ development and growth. We frequently advise and assist our clients in establishing the following entities:
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Limited Liability Companies
- Professional Corporations
- Professional Associations
A business entity is created under the Texas statutes, and therefore, compliance with the state’s requirements is imperative. In order to be recognized as a viable business entity and ensure its viability for succeeding generations, an entity must be properly administered according to the terms of its documents, its agreements and state laws and business code. We can guide you through the various phases of your business development. We prepare documents and agreements, as well as assist clients with legal issues that arise in day-to-day operations. We can effectively represent your business throughout its life cycle or the transfer of interests to succeeding generations.
We represent a wide range of family-owned and closely-held businesses. Over the years, our clients have implemented Family Limited Partnerships and/or Limited Liability Companies to:
- Maintain control of family assets;
- Facilitate annual giving without fractionalizing family assets;
- Shift income to lower tax bracket individuals;
- Avoid probate;
- Consolidate investments;
- Provide a management structure in the event of disability;
- Protect family assets against failed marriages; and
- Promote communication and knowledge regarding family assets.
Business entity formation, business succession planning and asset protection planning matters require counsel with specialized knowledge. We welcome your inquiry regarding our business entity practice.
Please Visit Other Practice Areas
Service • Understanding • Experience
Call the Law Offices of Andrea Winters, P.C. at 214.750.0800 to schedule a consultation.